Carbohydrate Ranting

 I tend to get ticked off by anyone touting the Mediterranean diet. I suspect there is more to it. I hear anecdotal evidence about carbs not affecting people in Italy, yet dietary wise nothing appears that different. They use durum wheat like we grow in America. I would guess that people visit during the summer and are hit with a lot of light. 

The same with Africa where they slowly cook carbs with a lot of sunlight exposure over several hours. The traditional way to cook seems to be the 3 rock inefficient stove without a lid. The low carb crowd touts a study that shows only 25% of the people can cope with a high carb diet which I can't find. It seems immigrants do worse here, so I don't think genetics contribute much.

end of rant


https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Global-distribution-of-the-clear-sky-UV-index-at-local-solar-noon-on-June-3-2005-derived_fig4_3203923

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9735855/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Spots for Possible B-Cell Disorders(Lupus/Sjogren/Chronic Fatigue)

Blocking Bad Light Sources(Sjogren's?)

Bad Light Sources(Sjogren's?)